Halton-with-Aughton is a civil parish located 3 miles (4.8 km) east of Lancaster, England on the north bank of the River Lune. The main settlement is the village of Halton-on-Lune, commonly just called Halton, in the west, and the parish stretches to the hamlet of Aughton in the east. It lies in the City of Lancaster in Lancashire and has a population of 2,360.
Halton features many 17th and 18th century buildings. Earthworks on Castle Hill show evidence of an 11th century Norman motte & bailey castle present in the village. Deep in the village, in the churchyard of St Wilfreds, stands the Halton Cross, which is believed to have been carved by Norsemen over 1000 years ago. The Coins of Canute, which are now in the British museum, were discovered on Halton Moor in 1815. As well as this, vestiges of a Roman camp and an ancient barrow are near the church, it was at this Roman Camp, where the remains of an ancient Roman Altar were discovered. You can read more about us on Wikipedia.